At Nugent & Bryant, we have built an incomparable track record of success obtaining compensation for our clients. Whether through settlement or trial, we get results.* Some of the matters we have successfully resolved include:
- $1,785,368.85 RESULT: CAR ACCIDENT: FRACTURED HIPS
86-year-old WWII vet making a left turn struck by a car while exiting the highway. Client suffered fractured hips, broken ribs, and nearly died in the ICU. Police ticketed our client. Jury sided with our client. Read more here
- $1,504,346.10 RESULT: HOME INSURANCE: EMOTIONAL DISTRESS
June 2014: $1.5 million jury verdict obtained against Travelers Insurance Company, including damages for severe emotional distress, after Travelers wrongfully labeled insured an “arsonist” after fire at his home. Read more here.
- $1,050,000.00 RESULT: A man who suffered 13 bone fractured when his car was rear-ended as he and friends helped a disabled vehicle on the Merritt Parkway has settled his lawsuit for just over $1 million. Read more here
- $260,000.00 RESULT: CAR WRECK: SHOULDER INJURY
Middle-aged couple hit head-on. Husband suffered a shoulder injury requiring surgery and he lost time from work. Wife was checked at hospital. Defense initially offered $10,000 prior to Nugent & Bryant’s involvement.
- $1,250,000.00 RESULT: MOTORCYCLE WRECK: BROKEN BONES
- $211,559.32 RESULT: BICYCLIST RUN OVER: BROKEN RIB, LOSS OF TEETH
15 year-old on a bicycle struck by a drunk driver who fled the scene. Client suffered a broken rib, punctured lung, and loss of teeth. Defense’s top offer: $80,000.00.
- $2,327,037.10 RESULT: WRONGFUL DEATH: MEDICAL MALPRACTICE
39 year-old, mentally ill man, in custody at the State of Connecticut’s maximum security hospital, while cuffed at the wrists and ankles and pinned to the floor on his back, was making gurgling sounds and had begun to choke on his tongue. Despite dilated pupils, a faint pulse and blood in his mouth, the hospital staff administered Thorazine, a powerful sedative. His pulse then stopped, and he died from a heart attack. His doctors thought he was playing possum. Defense’s Initial Offer $100,000.
- $316,830.92 RESULT: INMATE PUNCHED IN FACE WHILE IN 4 POINT RESTRAINTS
39 year-old man serving 18.5 year prison sentence at the State of Connecticut’s super maximum prison destroyed 3 prison cells in 2 days. During placement into 4 point restraints, prison guard punched him in the face causing a black eye. $100,000 compensatory, $150,000 punitive damages, plus $66,830.92 for attorney fees and costs. Defense offered zero throughout entire case.
- $1,000,000.00 RESULT: POISONING CASE
Divorced woman suffered from the effects of a near lethal dose of poisoning. No permanent physical injuries but post-traumatic stress syndrome. Defense’s Initial Offer: Zero.
- $144,621.09 RESULT: STERNUM INJURY IN CAR WRECK
87 year-old widow suffered an injury to her sternum in a car wreck. No permanent disability rating. Defense’s Initial Offer: $85,000.00.
- $760,000 RESULT: WRONGFUL DEATH: POLICY LIMITS PAID
Retired elderly man was a passenger in car which was t-boned. Payment of entire policy limit by insurance company for the driver who caused the collision. Payment of entire policy limit by the insurance company providing underinsured benefits. Upon careful scrutiny of the underinsured insurance policy, additional $10,000 was paid due to fact that fatal injuries were sustained while wearing seat belt.
- $450,000 RESULT: CAR WRECK: HERNIATED DISC
37 year-old mason involved in a car wreck suffered herniated disc in his neck and had surgery to relieve the pain. Defense’s Initial Offer $12,000 prior to Nugent & Bryant’s involvement.
- $425,000 RESULT: CAR WRECK: HERNIATED DISC
55 year-old unemployed man involved in a car wreck suffered a herniated disc in his back and had surgery to relieve the pain. Minimal damage to rear of car. Defense’s Initial Offer less than $100,000.
- $350,000 RESULT: CAR WRECK: FRACTURED KNEE & SHOULDER INJURY
Elderly retired couple hit head-on while traveling in a snowstorm. Husband suffered a fractured knee. Wife suffered a shoulder injury. Defense initially offered zero claiming it was an unavoidable accident due to weather conditions.
- $125,000 RESULT: CAR WRECK: JAW INJURY (TMJ): JURY Verdict
42 year-old woman rear-ended causing TMJ injury to her jaw. Defense’s Initial Offer: $17,500.
- $103,000 RESULT: CAR WRECK: WHIPLASH INJURY: JURY Verdict
32 year-old man injured his neck (whiplash type injury) when rear-ended. No loss wages and treated solely with a chiropractor. Defense’s Initial Offer: $9,000.
- $100,000 RESULT: PEDESTRIAN HIT BY CAR: BROKEN LEG: POLICY LIMITS PAID
75 year-old retired woman suffered a broken leg as she attempted to cross the road. She was wearing dark clothing at 6:00 a.m and she was not in the cross walk. Nonetheless, payment of entire policy limits by insurance company.
- $100,000 RESULT: PEDESTRIAN HIT BY CAR: BROKEN LEG: POLICY LIMITS PAID
43 year-old woman suffered a broken leg as she attempted to cross the road. Payment of entire policy limits by insurance company.
- $100,000 RESULT: CAR WRECK: HERNIATED DISC: POLICY LIMITS PAID
26 year-old unemployed man suffered a herniated disc to his lower back in a car wreck. No surgery. Payment of entire policy limits by insurance company.
- Confidential Settlement: WRONGFUL DEATH
6 year-old girl killed while running toward school bus.
- Confidential Settlement: CAR WRECK
15 year-old woman suffered broken pelvic bone and emotional injuries in car wreck which claimed the life of the other passenger.
- January 2014: Represented husband and wife who were struck by a driver who crossed the double yellow line and hit head-on. Knee and wrist injuries. Insurance Company paid full policy limits by way of Offers of Compromise. Currently pursuing underinsured motorist claim against clients’ car insurance policy.
- Summer 2013: Settled a failure to defend case against an insurance company for $2.8 million.
- June 2013: Represented husband (spinal injury) and wife (internal injuries) struck on I-95 by a tractor trailer. Recovered $975,000 from trucking company.
- August 2013: Represented female passenger rear-ended in a low speed accident. Insurance Company offered nothing, then after jury was selected offered $5,000. Jury verdict: $110,000.
- January 2013: Represented young boy pedaling his bicycle to school and hit by a pickup truck driver. Non-surgical injury to his shoulder: $32,500.
- April 2013: Represented young girl injured in back seat of car struck by a drunk driver. Policy limits recovered from drunk driver’s insurance.
- 2013: Represented gentleman who witnessed the traumatic injury of a loved one. Policy Limit.
- 2012: Represented woman involved in t-bone crash injuring her neck requiring surgery. $235K
- 2012: Represented gentleman injured on motorcycle injuring causing a burn to his ankle. $56K
- 2011: College coed passenger in car hit head on. Significant scar to head. Verdict: $255,000.
Civil Litigation And Criminal Defense
- Successfully prosecuted homeowners’ claim of failure to supervise and negligent construction of home as well as successfully defended verdict. Jury verdict of $145,000.
- Successfully prosecuted business dispute and obtained judgment of $110,000 as well as successfully defended judgment on appeal.
- Successfully defended court-appointed Administrator of Will against claim that a Legal Zoom will was operative.
- May 2014: Successfully defended couple accused of civil fraud + misrepresentation.
- January 2014: Successfully defended and obtained not guilty on all counts for client charged with murder, possession of a firearm without a permit and possession of a firearm by a felon.
- June 2013, Represented gentleman who suffered a panic attack after being rear ended on highway.
- 2012: Successfully defended individual sued for UCC financing statements.
- 2012: Successfully sued for specific performance of a sales contract on a commercial piece of property requiring sale to client.
- 2012: Successfully defended laundromat owners from lawsuit on UCC financing documents.
Nugent & Bryant: A Track Record Of Success
If you want a legal team with a track record of success, exceptional client care and superior results, call our office today at 203-580-4607 to speak to an attorney for free. You can also get in touch by using our confidential online form.
*On this page and in various places on this website, references may have been made about our firm’s past performance in the handling of cases and/or our firm’s goal of providing quality legal representation to our clients. The Connecticut Rules of Professional Conduct prohibit attorneys from making claims that create an unjustified expectation in the lawyer’s ability to achieve particular results. Please note that past performance does not guarantee any future result for a client nor does the goal of providing quality legal representation differentiate this firm from any other.